Wednesday, August 12, 2009

33 1/2 week checkup and Sloane's room

Yesterday we had a check up at the doctor and everything went great! He measured my belly, weight, blood pressure, heard heartbeat, and he felt around. We actually talked about and scheduled the rest of our appointments for the entire pregnancy!! We go back on the 25th, then two weeks later 8th, then we start going every week. He seems to think if everything stays on the track we have been on that I will deliver within a week of my due date...so either 7 days early or late or in between! He doesn't think there will be any reason to induce and at that time I told him that I really did not want to be unless it was medically necessary. So he said that the only way we would talk induction was if there was a medical issue or she was over a week late. I was very happy about that. He said I could go as natural as I wanted to go....I said that yes I want to go into to labor naturally (water breaking/contractions) but that an epidural was on my list of things that I want!! So anyways everything is right on track...I gained 2 pounds again so I guess this is just going to be my pattern from here on out. But now that puts me at 22 pounds total so not too bad.
On another note school started back today. I am excited but just tired already. The good thing is that my mind will be preoccupied and I will not be at home twiddling my thumbs waiting on her to come. I think I will not be as anxious this way! Although I cannot believe we only have about 7 weeks give or take! :) I'm actually ahead for the year too! I will be starting lesson plans soon! Probably tomorrow! So yeah for that!
I have posted some pics of the room. We still have a little bit to do but we are well on our way!

This is a cross that her Aunt Millie made for her room. It is absolutely beautiful!! We haven't quite decided where to hang it but we will soon!! It looks great in her room!
Crib and her name :) We also got the bedding up and tied!! Man those bows are a pain!

Here is a corner with her dresser and the glider that Josh's mom bought us. It's very comfty!

Her changer...all we need is a changing pad! If we don't get one at the shower we will go buy one along with a cover!
This is her first monogrammed item! A pretty bib that her daddy picked out and Nana bought it and took it to get monogrammed!! Thanks Nana!! Good job to dad for picking one that wipes off easy and even catches the food that drops!!
Well that's it for now...a 34 week picture to come!

3 comments:

  1. The room is precious, and the bib looks great!! We have a couple of bib's like that, but that one is extra cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, her room is extra cute! I am horrible at decorating!!

    ReplyDelete