Wednesday, September 16, 2009

38 1/2 weeks

So we had an appointment yesterday and I was a little nervous because I didn't know whether he would check me or not. I have kinda made myself a wreck over this. I was so afraid that it would hurt really bad or something. So when we got there, I went in to give my sample. I really didn't have to go that much but what little bit I did go I went into the toilet! I forgot to put the cup under there! Yeah so crack me up and talk about feeling a little silly...I guess my mind was elsewhere. I told the nurse I couldn't really go and she told me that I could go at the end of the appointment so now there was pressure to be able to go by then! Once again, they asked if I had been having contractions and once again I say ummm I'm not really sure. I think I've been having more Braxton Hicks but they do not hurt still and they are not very often or not that I notice. So yeah I really don't know what they want me to say since I've never had a baby before! Anyways as the nurse is walking out she says the dreaded oh yeah we are going to do a pelvic check. Ugh! Let me tell you the wait from there was not fun. I just got more nervous...so much that I couldn't even follow directions when they got in there...my brain, I swear! So lets just say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't cry out in pain or anything but it definitely was uncomfortable. But to make things worse he gives me the news.....of NOTHING! I am not dilated at all and I'm only 50% effaced! But he is not worried at all since I am 10 days out still! He doesn't think I will have her before my next appointment and we hope that I don't because he will be out due to having surgery for a couple days. He should be back Tuesday if all goes well so everyone cross your fingers that she will stay put:)! Other than that everything else was great...I even lost a pound so I'm pretty sure that puts me around 23-24 pounds total! So we are still in the hurry up and wait time but I know she will come when she is ready. I'm so blessed though to still be feeling so great! I'm still working and doing everything normally and he said that was great! We go back on the 22nd and we will put an update then!





1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean by being scared and brainless!! It happens!! And I agree; they always asked are you having contractions, "well, i don't really know." maybe!! We've never done this before!! :)

    Good Luck!! Can't wait to hear what is happening!!

    ReplyDelete